Vacationing In Dubai: The Top Reasons to Visit
Dubai is a vacation destination that gets overlooked.
With great weather and a culture that was built for visitors, this destination should be getting a lot more love.
Dubai is one of the few Middle Eastern countries that opens its doors to tourists. And, it provides all of the attractions that make vacationers want to stay.
Planning your next family vacation? Here’s why you might want to choose Dubai.
The Shopping Opportunities Are Incredible
Start with the souks (market in Arabic) if you want a little culture with your shopping.
These markets can be found all over Dubai and are full of spices, colorful textiles, and local snacks.
They are the place to be for souvenir shopping, people watching, and putting together a new outfit.
The top souks to visit in Dubai include:
• The Gold Souk: Real gold jewelry, including the world’s largest gold ring (according to the Guinness Book of World Records.)
• Perfume Souk: Find thousands of fragrances that are beautifully on display. You can also buy incense and crystals.
• Spice Souk: Come to see the colorful mounds of traditional spices. It smells great and the spices make great gifts for friends who love to cook back home.
• The Friday Market: Although Friday is in the name, the market is open multiple days of the week. It’s a favorite spot for tourists and has everything from plants, pots, and fruit, to textiles, rugs, and toys.
Aside from souks, Dubai has much more modern shopping.
There are no shortage of shopping malls and high-end stores. But, the most famous is the Dubai Mall, which is the largest shopping mall in the world.
It is four stories and has an ice rink, indoor waterfall, restaurants, and an aquarium. Plus, the mall houses a fountain that puts on water and lighting shows.
This is the place where you can find all of the top brands from the U.S.A and Europe. You may want to pack an empty bag so that you can fit all of your shopping on the plane back home.
The Architecture and Man-made Attractions
It’s no secret that Dubai is a wealthy country due to their oil reserves.
This wealth can be seen all over the country, especially in the buildings and attractions.
Some of the best for visitors to see include:
• Burj Al Arab: A skyscraper with a whopping, 202 floors. It’s considered the most luxurious hotel in the world. It even sits on its own, man-made island. Even if you don’t spend the night here, you can visit to check out the onsite restaurants.
• Burj Khalifa: This building is the largest in the world. It’s a feat of architecture and boasts a famous fountain, an observation deck, and a park.
• Miracle Garden: This is the largest, natural flower garden in the world. There are 109 million flowers here and the landscape is so beautiful that it has won awards. Guests can visit the butterfly garden here as well.
• Dubai Museum: The perfect spot for visitors who want to know more about local life and the history of Dubai. It’s located in a former fort, so even the exterior exudes history.
• Al Bastakiya: This preserved, historical town is a great place to visit if you want to see art and shop for souvenirs.
The Entertainment and Activities
Adrenaline junkies tend to love Dubai.
There are plenty of activities that are specially designed for tourists.
Visitors can try skydiving, which offers the most incredible views of Dubai. Hot air ballooning is making a huge comeback here too. The views of the sand dunes from above make great photo opportunities.
In fact, the desert itself has plenty of activities for tourists. While visiting, try sand boarding, riding camels, and dune bashing.
If you’re traveling as a family and looking for more tame activities, there are plenty of those too.
Try visiting the Underwater Zoo, Dubai Aquarium, or the Atlantis Aquaventure Water Park. All of these can be found on The Palm, which is the largest man-made island in the world.
And, if you’re a winter sports lover, there’s some of that too. Ski Dubai is the country’s only indoor ski resort that offers real snow for an authentic experience.
Dubai may not be the first place that comes to mind when planning a vacation. But, this destination was built to welcome visitors.
It has great weather, impressive architecture, and all of the excitement you could ask for.
Plus, it’s easy to plan a trip to Dubai. Etihad Airways offers convenient flights to the country and some of the world’s top notch hotels are located here for your stay.
Ready to start your planning?